Hennessey Law Office PLLC can serve preliminary lien notices, file mechanic's liens, and foreclose liens on projects throughout Minnesota. Unlike a "lien service company' which may only refund the fee you paid if they make a critical mistake with your lien, Hennessey Law Office, PLLC is an insured, full service law firm where an attorney will review and coordinate the service and filing of your lien. Not only are we insured, we are able to provide follow up services including demand letters and lien foreclosure services if your lien is not paid promptly.
Mechanic's lien filings and foreclosures: Counties we serve
Aitkin, Anoka, Becker, Beltrami, Benton, Big Stone, Blue Earth, Brown, Carlton, Carver, Cass, Chippewa, Chisago, Clay, Clearwater, Cook, Cottonwood, Crow Wing, Dakota, Dodge, Douglas, Faribault, Fillmore, Freeborn, Goodhue, Grant, Hennepin, Houston, Hubbard, Isanti, Itasca, Jackson, Kanabec, Kandiyohi, Kittson, Koochiching, Lac Qui Parle, Lake, Lake Of The Wood, Le Sueur, Lincoln, Lyon, Mahnomen, Marshall, Martin, McLeod, Meeker, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Mower, Murray, Nicollet, Nobles, Norman, Olmsted, Otter Tail, Pennington, Pine, Pipestone, Polk, Pope, Ramsey, Red Lake, Redwood, Renville, Rice, Rock, Roseau, St. Louis, Scott, Sherburne, Sibley, Stearns, Steele, Stevens, Swift, Todd, Traverse, Wabasha, Wadena, Waseca, Washington, Watonwan, Wilkin, Winona, Wright, Yellow Medicine.
Preliminary Lien NoticeMinnesota Subcontractor/Supplier Preliminary Mechanic's Lien Notice
- Preparation of Minnesota preliminary notice
- Service of preliminary notice on property owner (via certified mail)
- Tracking delivery of certified mail items
- Cost of any title work to verify identity of land owner (recommended) not included
- Postage (approx. $7 per party served) not included but billed at actual cost.
Mechanic's Lien FilingFile and serve Minnesota Mechanic's Lien Statement
- Preparation and recording of Minnesota mechanic’s lien statement
- Service of lien statement by certified mail
- Tracking of service by certified mail
- Cost of title report to confirm identify of land owner and legal description not included (usually about $100 for a single residential parcel, possibly higher for commercial projects or projects invovling multiple land parcels) but billed at cost
- Postage fees (approx $7 per party served) and recording fee (approx. $52) billed at actual cost.
Release of Mechanic's Lien
- Includes preparation and submission of release document for recording if original mechanic’s lien was filed by our office or client provides copy of mechanic’s lien with recording information.
- Recording fee (approx. $51) not included (billed at actual cost).